On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 01:27:31 +0100, Jeremiah Flerchinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I myself am used to using dates like 04 Feb 2008. How about just inverting this order so it matches what you want, but the abbreviation of the month is used? Then nobody would get confused on what is the day & what is the month.

they would if they're not used to the English abreviations for the months... I say we use Unix timestamp, then everyone can write their own parser to format it like they prefer. ;o)

Seriously though, using 2008-feb-01 has the disadvantage of one not being able to sort by month, where 2008-02-01 sorting and adding/subtracting months is easier.

Richard