Flemming Richter Mikkelsen wrote:

It is just one idea. I don't know how complicated it would be. (This
would need the gsm driver to be in the kernel, but I assume it is.)
It is not. *g*

Receiving SMS is something the GSM unit makes almost autonomously.
gsmd (the driver ;) )just reads the messages out if they arrive.

No need to cram this into the kernel. Besides the fact that sms is something completely different than a network stack with addresses protocols and so on...

Designing a filter system is no black magic. Beginning with the fact that it does not have to filter thousands of packets with low latency. So even a five year old could make a decent filter that would be enough for filtering sms. ;)

In Germany we have the saying 'shooting sparrows with canons' ;)