On 29 Feb 2008, at 17:34, Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:

siaPeter Trapp ha scritto:
Hi everybody,
I thought about the possibility of a voice mail installed on the neo. The idea is to let the application decide if you are reachable for the caller or not. The decision will be done on profiles (time, who is calling, what to do (let it ring or answer directly) ). Eg: Saturday 10:00pm and your boss is calling (and you have a signal) Neo is aware that it is "weekend" and who is calling. It just turns on the voice mail... Dear Boss, actually it is weekend and I just don't want to get some work right now. Sorry, my neo will not even inform me that you've called. So don't try again later. It would not help until Monday 9am! Have a nice weekend
  --- without the possibility to leave a message      ;)

I would like this feature also, and really I assumed it would become a commonplace usage on OpenMoko.

Cool, but your caller will pay for this.. So maybe it won't be so happy :P

Stuff the caller. I carry a mobile phone so I can make outgoing calls when I'm away from home, not so I can be interrupted in the middle of a conversation. If someone is calling me they assume that they're going to incur the cost of a call, anyway, so I don't see that the cost of a call to voicemail is a large imposition (it is probably better than me answering my phone to say "stuff you", at least).

Stroller.