Niluge KiWi wrote:

With the two accelerometers in the FreeRunner, I think we can recognise
lots of gestures, not only simple ones like a "click" (which is already
recognised by the accelerometers used in the FreeRunner). The main
difficulty is probably to extract the useful data from the gestures
noise : calibration may take time. The goal is to have an almost
pre-calibrated library (an idea from the wish-list in the Wiki is to
allow the user to record its own gestures, but I think it's not easy to
do it simple for the end-user).
Good idea, but consider to store calibration data separately. This will made the library more general. You want reuse it in other devices.
So the "recorded" gestures.

The accelerometers could provide not only small gestures recognition
(like the ones listed on the Wiki: up-side-down, shaking,
flipping, ...), but full 3D-space positioning from a start position
(when the software is started).

So long, and thank for all the fish.
Evgeny.