Hi !

I usually get this when my package list is not up to date. You should try

sudo apt-get update

Dale Schumacher a écrit :
I've just done a clean install of Ubuntu 7.10 and am trying to follow the instructions from the Toolchain wiki page. When I try the command:

sudo apt-get install gcc g++ autoconf automake binutils libtools ...

I get this error message:

*Package autoconf is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Pacakge autoconf has no installation candidate*

Since this is a fresh install, I expect I may not have the right setup to install all the developer goodies. Can someone suggest a clean way to resolve this issue? I would be happy to update the wiki page with better instructions once my issue is resolved.

Thanks!