I'm actually not part of your states, so i don't really feel the need to pay or support you :) But whatever makes you comfortable i guess, i have no problem evading some of my countrys tax laws, they make enough money. It's either that or order it to a friend in the US that can bring it back, it all depends on what openmoko/FIC feels comfortable with.

-Kristoffer

Sebastian Billaudelle skrev:
I think that's the point. If anybody wants to do that, OK...
But I don't want to see the openmoko-/fic-people involved in such a thing - that's unethical! "Open" does not mean "anarchistic". We are part of our states and we have to pay for that privilege...

cheers
Sebastian

Am Sonntag, den 13.04.2008, 12:17 +0200 schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
Am 13.04.2008 um 12:00 schrieb flexd:
> If ordering from the US (or anywhere really), would it be possible > to have the package marked as a gift to evade taxes and such? > Norwegian taxes are high, so we'll probably pay like half a phone > extra >_<

I would say: only if it really is a gift.
Everything else is unethical and criminal...

Ich aktzeptiere keine MS Office Dokumente, weil sie
1. kein ISO Standard sind,
2. bewusst schlecht entwickelt sind und
3. nicht für alle zugänglich sind!

Benutze bitte das "Open Document Format" - jeder kann es kostenlos öffnen - auch noch in tausenden von Jahren!