That's strange. I'm in Brisbane and it worked out cheaper to buy in bulk. I estimated the postage as $70 for the bulk and $50 for individual (using AusPost's Int. parcel calculator). What was your postage/calculations? I've attached the worksheet I used to come to my amount.

-Nick

Chris Hogan wrote:
Hi all,

Yeah, with or without extras the customs cost will be the same... and it works out (I think) at about $425 per phone - higher than the cost of an individual order (which falls below the $1000 threshold and so doesn't attract customs charges).

So the only 'savings' we're getting are the extras packed in with the bulk orders. If they're only worth (say) $20 each, it's not worth the hassle, it's just as cheap to order individual phones and the extras too if we need them.
But if the extras are worth more, we still might saving money.

Hope that makes sense :-).