On 16 May 2008, at 02:07, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

On Thu, 15 May 2008 17:05:23 +0200 (CEST) David Samblas Martinez
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

Sorry me if this has been said in other post, but if
gtk is not the "default" graphical library  what
library gonna be ETK the "official" one?  Just to
document me for future apps(ideas) in mind

please read my prior email. why does everyone think that there has to be an official widget set and thus everyone has to move to it? use what solves your
problems best for you!

This may be a naive understanding, but I think most people on this list assume that their apps will look best if they are written using the same toolkit as that used by the phone's main apps. I think one would assume that it'll be easiest to interface with these apps - to have one's GPS application interface with the SMS app in order to send one's location to a contact, for instance - if they're written in the same toolkit.

I think back in the olden dayes, one had problems copying & pasting between KDE & Gnome apps, and that changing one's theme in KDE did not change the colour of the widgets within the windows of the Gnome apps one was unable to avoid using [1]. Perhaps these problems have been fixed by now, but surely you would be glad to have all developers for the platform choose the same toolkit as you?

Stroller.

[1] Sorry - I'm afraid I had a bad experience with Gnome some years ago.