hi,

i haven't seen a headset that worked for more then one phone-company yet.
Oh, except for the bluetooth things..... But i also needed always special
headsets for just hearing music.

So please take 3.5mm. so i can just take every normal speaker, headset, etc. that lies near by me. and with the 3.5mm i could use the phone like every other mp3 player in the world.

And every audio system i know has a connector for a walkman input.... but what was the other thing? .... I don't think i have ever heared of it until now. but this is maybe because i always bought the false phones here in germany.

i have never seen / used a 2.5mm connector in my life.
(oh thats not true.... i have seen one on wikipedia [1]  2 minutes ago. ;) )

greetings
beni

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector

Joerg Reisenweber schrieb:
Hi community!
A short poll: on a future GTA0x (>2), would you prefer to have
A) "standard" 2.5mm headset (mic+phones) connector, where you have to buy a cheap adapter if you want to use your "old" headphones, (the way like it's for GTA01/02)
or
B) classic 3.5mm headphones "Walkman(R)" connector, where you have to DIY an adapter for any standard cellphone headset? (or does anybody know of 3.5mm headSET standards or adapters?)

please hurry to vote, we have to make a decision. Thanks

cheers
jOERG
Openmoko-HW-development