On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:45:18 +0200, kenneth marken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 June 2008 07:37:33 Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
>> -- larger physical screen size (but about the same  dpi?)
>
> i do belive the iphone is lower dpi as the GTA02 is smaller in size, but
> higher in rez.
>
>> -- proximity sensor (knows when held to face, can dim screen)
>
> that is probably just the heat sensitive screen and some code that
> basically locks out input ones a heat source with a surface area larger
> then a couple of fingers are detected...
[...]

It's just the capacitive touch screen. I'm pretty sure no temperature
sensor is involved. As you said ,you just measure the contact area between
finger and screen (which is easily possible with capacitive touch screens)
- and once the contact area gets larger than let's say 3cm you assume that
your ear/cheek is in contact with the screen.

Raphael