On Sep 9, 2008, at 7:05 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 02:51:14PM +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 01:00:36PM +0100, Al Johnson wrote:
On Tuesday 09 September 2008, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
I hope you guys don't mind killing your phone or uSD's memory sooner
than everyone else :)

Why? Are you making some unwarranted assumptions about using Gentoo on
embedded systems?

No unwarranted assumption, the only argument you could throw back at me is
an argument against using Gentoo instead of any .deb or .rpm based
distribution ;)

Please, no distro-war, you're free to kill your flash devices sooner ;)
Why would it kill the flash?

With all of the thrashing, while it's attempting to compile everything?

I know that I have gentoo on a MythTV box, and when installing anything heavy, forget using it for 1/2 to 3/4 of a day.