On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Alastair Johnson wrote:

GPRS and 3G data rates in the UK vary hugely between supplier and call plan. On the prepay SIM I'm testing with 1 uk pound gets me 'unlimited' use for a day, though they're likely to suggest I change if I exceed 250MB, and I'm not supposed to use VoIP or connect a PC to it. Unless they've changed the terms yet again. There are better rates if you're going to use it every day, and there are rates almost as bad as the one mentioned above.

in the UK, on a contract SIM, i get unlimited GPRS for (effectively) £5 a month. i'm sure there's an acceptable-use limit, but i've not come anywhere near it so far.

--

  Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net