El día Sunday, November 16, 2008 a las 01:49:57AM +0100, Minh Ha Duong escribió:

> Le samedi 15 novembre 2008, Matthias Apitz a écrit :
> >I don't know if it reduces the drawing of power (btw: what is the
> >easiest method to measure it? pulling out the battery and measure the
> >power consumption via the cable?);
>
>   I would use something like the attached "battery.py" script to measure
> power.
>
> Minh

Thanks for this; I have had an older version without the detailed
information about power drain and so; It is a bit tricky to use such a
Python tool to measure things because it has to much effect in the power
consumption by its own; maybe I will just collect in the future the data
from the /sys/... files and draw the figured later based on them;

for now I've tested it with your "battery.py", here are the numbers:

    181 mA  -- nearly empty FR (only "battery.py" and Terminal running)
    231 mA  -- after launch of GPSD
    183 mA  -- after stop of GPSD
189-232 mA  -- after Wifi-up with, running 'ping' through eth0
184-186 mA  -- after Wifi-down

For me this reads that the Wifi chip is already powered-up on boot; the
diff between before (181) and after using it (184-186) is not very big;
right?

        matthias
--
Matthias Apitz