Leonti Bielski wrote:
> Hi!
> As in the subject - is there any connection manager available for
> Freerunner to switch and manage between WiFi, GPRS and usb?
> I've seen connection manager in Illume, but it seems to be empty. What
> is left to implement to get it working?
> Are there any alternatives?
> It's possible to connect to WiFi with command line or mofi, to GPRS
> with simple script, but maybe there is something better already?
> Are there any particular plans for network management?

Did you have a particular distro in mind? Qtopia has GUI network
management. Debian and Gentoo have their usual options. Android would
have its GUI, but not all of the networking is currently working. The
connection manager in 2008.x was going to use connman as a lighter
version of NetworkManager, but it turned out to have too many incomplete
parts as yet. FSO and SHR don't yet have anything as networking has only
just made it onto the roadmap.

You can always use NetworkManager, though AFAIK nobody has done a GUI
for it that suits the small screen and lack of tray. Or you could follow
  Joel Newkirk's simple lightweight configuration described at
http://jthinks.com/better-freerunner-networking