Thanks, arne, Helge,

I just made my second try this morning and I got a lock in 35 secs
(tried two times, consistent lock time).  8-)

I don't know why the different behaviors, but I did the tests inside a
party tent I've in the garden and after reading how GPS behaves in
weather (rain, cloud, snow makes no perceptible difference), the only
thing that comes to my mind is that last time the tent was probably wet
or might even had a thin layer of ice (temp was 0ÂșC). I don't know if it
was sufficient to compromise the reception (tent now is dry), but I'll
test it again when I get similar conditions.

Cheers,
Fernando