I've heard that there's a special developer edition of the HTC Dream (Marketed
in the US and Europe under the name 'T-Mobie G1'), which includes an unlocked
boot loader and carrier agnostic GSM access.

Does anyone know anything about this device and how it compares to the GTA02
and current plans for the GTA03?  I'm interested from a freedom perspective, as
well as a hardware and software perspective.  Is this phone an option if you
want to support open hardware?

Does anyone know if its bootloader is capable of booting from SD with arbitrary
kernel options and able to recover from screwing around with it like my
freerunner/u-boot?

Are there any plans to make the FSO framework compatible with the hardware in
this device (and, by extension, make Debian and current/future openmoko
distributions compatible)?

Are there any other freedom issues surrounding this device that I should know
about before I consider getting one?

--
Daniel Benoy
http://daniel.benoy.name