About all the discussion about documentation and searching them, what about using a
knowledge management system ?

If I do a search for 'api sleep' in the Openmoko wiki, I get 9 search results, If I search for
'api wakeup' I get 5 results.

If I search for 'acpi' I get 3 results.

All these seem not to bring up what I search for. Why ?

I probably have searched with the wrong words. For me this may simply lack of knowledge if sysfs has any relation to the information about power management (especially where the
device is currently powered from).

But it may be related.

With a knowledge system you would propably get a list of related keywords + short descriptions
what is handled there.

Then I do not need to read all the found articles to spot those who are really related to my search.

So how about using a knowledge management system to link information semantically ?

There is no need to put all the documentation in it, but each visitor who might found a relation not in the knowledge base system could add one linking in the article to the related content even it is
not in the openmoko wiki.

Each link may be weighted by a voting system thus it will increase the quality of the link - if that is
possible with any knowledge management system.

Lothar

-- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de
Lothar Behrens
Heinrich-Scheufelen-Platz 2