Hi all,

I've been trying to enable wake from suspend for alarms in QtEI, and I've sorta
got it. This file:

http://radagast.bglug.ca/openmoko/alarmcontrol.cpp

replaces the file of the same name at
qt-extended-improved/src/server/coreserver/alarmcontrol.cpp

The code will set a RTC alarm 15 seconds before the alarm. The FR will wake up
at the appropriate time. But the alarm doesn't go off. Sometimes the alarm will
sound 25 seconds later, sometimes longer. The problem seems to be the QObject
event Timer system. The AlarmControl system starts a QObject timer. The timer
is supposed to generate an event at the alarm time, but the event is late,
sometimes very late. Suspend seems to bugger up the QObject timer system.

So I'm posting what I've done so far in the hope that a brighter light than I
can illuminate the QObject timer problem.

later,
Andrew Howlett.