On Tuesday 15 of December 2009 21:48:20 ghislain wrote:
> Radek,
>
> By removing python from the image, gpsd is also missing, therefore TangoGPS
> (under QX) will not run.
> Maybe its better to leave python (and gpsd) a part of the image?

It can be installed via apt-get and gpsd can be configured to start on boot. Or
is there any problem so that it does not work this way?

I think NeronGPS is much better then TangoGPS, it's native app and we can save
10 MB (packed). Maybe i am wrong, but the number of people that prefer
TangoGPS over NeronGPS must be small and it is quite simple to install tango
(one apt-get install).

> I also noticed that you removed multiplexing, does this mean we cannot use
> GPRS and calling at the same time?

Yup, but it wasnt working before too. I'd like to get multiplexing back, but
it must be without bugs first and in v15 it was causing at least 2 bugs (one
with Qtopia stuck in call screen - very annoying and nearly 100% reproducible
after first boot and second is with GPRS - now it starts always, before you had
to try several times).

So the plan is now to disable multiplexing and hopefully after it's fixed it
will be back.

Regards

Radek