Am 31.10.2010 um 11:49 schrieb Michael 'Mickey' Lauer:

> Am Sonntag, den 31.10.2010, 10:48 +0100 schrieb David Lanzendörfer:
>> Seems as we lost our devroom after all.

Bad news :(

> Not surprising. That we got it last year was an exception "thanks" to
> Xorg not being able to fill in their slot. Unfortunately FOSDEM
> organizers fail to realize the importance of mobile technologies, hence
> desktop stuff is still set and obviously if you had a room for 'n'
> years, you will have it every year. *sigh*

Yes, they have a different view on all the projects. As far as
I understand there aren't any hardware-centerted devrooms.

>> Sadly our project is still to small to get a room or so.

This may be the main question for the FOSDEM organizers - what exactly is our
project.
For them it may appear to be something fragmented between Distribution,
Telephony, Embedded.

For all those components they have separate Devrooms.

>> Dunno.
>> Mickey? Nikolaus? Do you wanna hold your presentation after all?
>
> Not me. A lightning talk about the state of FSO on foreign hardware
> makes no sense to me and the program of the embedded room seems to be
> fixed to buildsystems, C libraries, and kernel tweakings for years now.

Yes, that is also my impression.

What we can do is to organize our own "virtual devroom". Idea:

* we open a page fosdem2011 on wiki.openmoko.org
* everyone tries to get a presentation into all relevant devrooms
-- Mickey @ Telephony
-- Nikolaus @ Embedded or Lightning
-- Serdar @ Distribution miniconf
-- SHR @ Distribution miniconf
-- etc.
* on the wiki page we collect the time, location, title etc. to
provide our own "Openmoko" view into the FOSDEM database...

What do you think?

Nikolaus