Hi Brian.
They already know the FR, as we could guess. Actually they are looking for
somebody willing to collaborate on that project. I'm reading they look for
testers too, but I think any kind of help would be appreciated... Anybody
interested? I don't know them but imho it looks worth to have a kind of
"partnership" between Replicant and openmoko community...

urodelo

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:37:14 +0100, Brian Kemp <brian.k...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello urodelo.
>
> If I recall correctly, Replicant folk are quite familiar w/ FreeRunner &
> the OpenMoko phones.
>
> They are already using the GSM interface library written by OpenMoko. It
> should be fairly easy to port back & collaborate.
>
> On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 15:55 +0100, urodelo wrote:
>> Helo community.
>> Today I've read an article about a "new" so for mobile phones with
>> android
>> installed. Its name is Replicant (http://replicant.us/). It comes from
>> android, and the intention of the developers is to clean android from
>> closed source code and provide a completely free/open environment. They
>> say, now they support HTC Dream / ADP1 and Google Nexus One, and are
>> willing to port Replicant to other devices. I've written a post on their
>> website to let them know about the freerunner.
>> What do you think?
>>
>> urodelo

Creato con il rivoluzionario client e-mail di Opera:
http://www.opera.com/mail/