On 09/06/2011 18:17, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
Dear Community!

(..)No circuit boards were printed. Steel tooling wasn't cut.
Mass production didn't dent our view of reality. No. This time, ones
and zeros were all it took to assembly Openmoko's fourth product:
shiftd.com - A web service to bookmark, share, and discover videos
worth watching.

I wish it have at least a small PCB board, or small things to solder...
I'm not fond of You-thing videos, and I'm not sure this is OpenMoko's (OpenMobileKomunication) job to do this kind of aggregation tools. Furthermore : I receive enough dents on identi.ca with links to videos : that is the same job.

Idea #1:
I still wonder why Openmoko didn't work a bit on GTA04 project...

Idea #2:
Wikireader has USB capabilities, but I'm not smart enough to unlock it. It could be really funny to use it (as a small info touchscreen, interface, remote ...)

Idea #3:
I saw this week some really cheap phones (35€), with only phone/SMS capabilities, but colour screen & BT. I bought one, but the OS is totally crap & buggy. I wish I could update the code, compile & reflash it with my own one...

Idea #4:
Easy navigation system (based on OSM), wifi enabled to sync (R/W) with PC, to update infos from your desk to your car... & reverse !

Idea #5:
Build brand new projects based on the community ideas ...

Thomas, disapointed.