On Wednesday 14 December 2011 12:50:23 Guilhem Bonnefille wrote:

> A native navit GUI with deep integration with qtMoko would be great.
> For example, an integration with address book, to store location of a
> contact in address book and firing a GPS guidance in navit from
> address book. An other same integration would be to enable neronGps to
> do the same (replacing guidance by a simple waypoint display).

This is really nice idea.

> I'm quite surprise you think porting navit will be easy. AFAK, navit
> qt GUI is based on QML which is not supported by qtMoko. Something new
> on this part?

If i understand it right, navit has plugins for GUI type and painter type. GUI
types are "gtk", "qml" and "internal". There are many types of painter plugins
- one of them is qt_painter or e.g. sdl.

"internal" gui type need just painter and it can draw menus, buttons and so
on. So "internal" gui and "qt_painter" can give you the classical navit gui
and i already have it quite working on qtmoko.

Later we would probably need to have Qt GUI so that menus and other controls
are native.

Regards

Radek