Hi Radek and everybody,

But one day your GTA02 will stop working - it might fall on the floor or
whatever. GTA04 is only replacement - that's why it's important to support
GTA04 - either by donation or buying the device.

how it connected with the subject?

This is not a reason to move the wiki or close it. This is an open source project, the marketing stereotypes (that the new generation hardware is the better replacement for old one) just not applicable. Just because that targeted to stimulate consumer market for sales, but not to give ability to people to create whatever they want.

The potential of the hardware is not equal to the formal functionality of device. I plan to use the GTA02 as a core for robotic system, for example. Someone else maybe create something else with it (whatever it could be). It's logical to keep all data in one well know habitual knowledge base. And it's logical to keep it open for new supplements.

Maybe i am wrong but openmoko as company is for years dead and nobody of the
old admins is willing to spend much time on maintaining the infrastructure. I
guess the number of spammers is now 1000x higher the number of contributors,
that's why it's readonly. And it's no wonder that GTA04 has separate wiki
because of these reasons.

I'm as a user of wiki just don't care whether it contains some spam or not. I have a will to clean it if I found it, or doesn't if I'm lazy (or whatever). This is totally not a point.

Honestly I don't understand the reason to close the access for users (who are main audience of the recourse) just to avoid the spam. It's ridiculous.

Dmitry