On 10/09/2013 08:10 PM, Bob Ham wrote:
On Sun, 2013-10-06 at 08:42 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
1. you are talking about "open SOURCE hardware" (which I call "free hardware")

No.  I've explicitly refrained from distinguishing between such labels
because I'm aware that they are not as well defined in the domain of
hardware as they are in the domain of software.

As far as I have been able to tell, you have been arguing the entire time from the position that the terms *are* well defined, and that therefore the project should be using those definitions.

Now you are suddenly saying that the terms *aren't* well defined, which is a contradiction of that position.

This appears to me to be either an admission that your position is incorrect, or an admission that you are being hypocritical (like you accused Nikolaus of being).

(Note also that you just admitted that you can't use arguments from the software domain, since you said that it has different definitions of the terms than the hardware domain does (even if they're similar). This holds even if you argue that the "as" in "as well" is important.)