Andy
Thanks, I'll take all the help I can get
John

---- Original Message ----
From: "Andy Schmidt" <andy_schm...@hm-software.com>
Sent: 11/17/2014 8:41:43 PM
To: community@mailsbestfriend.com
Subject: [MBF] Re: Gauntlet

Hi John,

Forget about the XYNTservice reference - or Sniffer.

In reality, they have nothing to do with Gauntlet.

There are various tools that allow you to install a regular .EXE as a
Service. XYNTservice happens to be one of them, SRVANY is the one that came
with the Windows Resource Kit.  Both will do the job - or any similar tool.

So, yes, leave Sniffer alone.  If you like, use SRVANY instead of
XYNTservice to install the Gauntlet executable - it makes no difference.

I haven't had time yet this week, but I plan to set up Gauntler (likely
using SRVANY). If you're not done by then, I can share the details.

Best Regards,
Andy