Hello.

> Snapdragon: would be fine, but unobtainable in small quantities.
> Mediatek: afaik the same
> RockChip: I don't know if they have PoP mobile chips
> Allwinner: AFAIK no PoP and not power optimized for mobile operation
> Apple A10: unobtainable
> Exynos: AFAIK not well supported
>
> So TI did alway have the best support for the open/free soft/hardware
> community (except the IMG PVR SGX). Hence the DM3730 would still be a very
> good choice.

And what about Freescale/NXP i.MX6 SoC's? There are PoP variants exists, and
also great documentation and open-source community support (one
example: Novena). Mainline kernel support is also just fine.
I've worked with different i.MX SoC's for some time, it's not perfect,
but much, much more developer-friendly than
Allwinner/Broadcom/Samsung.