I'll pass this along to friends in sustainable agriculture
working in the Deep South.  

We taught a series of market farming workshops in Biloxi
in August and September to increase the diversity and
seasonal availability of fresh produce offered at local
farmers market.  

Some of these same people -- farmers, coodinators of
farmers markets, and agriculture specialists with
universities and non-profits -- might have some ideas
or contacts.

Readers might be interested to get a resource list
I compiled on suppliers of organic fertilizers, composts,
& pelletized poultry litter in the Deep South (MS, LA, AL),
along with nuts-and-bolts recipes, guidelines, and resources
for organic soil fertility.  

Likewise, I have a parallel resource list for the Ozarks
(AR, OK, KS, MO).

They're available by email, contact me off list.

Steve Diver
http://www.attra.ncat.org



Betsy Johnson wrote:

>Over the past months, I have been in touch with a woman in Biloxi, MS who is
>working to create gardens as part of Biloxi's rebuilding.  The trend is for
>condos, gambling, and golf courses rather than the parks that were in the
>initial rebuilding plans.  Her group does have at least one location for a
>community garden and has been holding community meetings about the garden.
>Please let me know if your community garden would like to partner with this
>Biloxi garden or if you might be available to go to Biloxi to help with the
>garden construction.
>
> 
>
>Betsy Johnson
>
>Executive Director
>
>American Community Gardening Assoc.
>
>877-275-2242  betsyjohnson at communitygarden.org
>
> 
>




Reply via email to