There are a number of lists out there!
Ours - the Multiple Benefits of CGs is an annotated from studies by a student intern last fall (available on our website under Resources). In working through the benefits, we decided to recategorize some of them, but it is based on the Benefits of Community Gardening that I have seen all over the place (originally from Adam H) - seven major topics. Available on http://www.stpaul.gov/depts/parks/environment/gardens/index.html. Also on our website - I typed up a quick factsheet, "cmty gardens mitigate hunger and malnutrition" - this one does not cite studies, but these findings are based upon my research for my masters thesis - so I have the studies in my possession - just haven't gotten around to it yet! One from Colorado Extension was sent to me after our Multiple Benefits was completed and I have yet to sit down with it and read it. It appears to have been completed right at the turn of this millennium. ;) If you have any benefits (same or other) that are supported by research and cited - please share! Kirsten Saylor GardenWorks, program manager The Green Institute 612-278-7123 www.gardenworksMN.org "promoting and preserving community gardens" -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20070302/17b761be/attachment.html

