cinder blocks work well too ― you can paint them any way you like, and fill the
holes with soil and plant in them as well!

Robyn Stewart
City Parks Foundation
1234 Fifth Ave, room 232
New York, NY 10029
(212) 360-2744
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/22/03 03:40PM >>>

<< ubj: Re: [cg] Wood to be used in a community garden. Go to the Archives
Date:  4/22/03 3:40:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:  Adam36055
To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Skyler,

Please go to the archives of this listserve at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
One you get there, please go to the "Mailing lists" section,
(http://www.hort.net/lists/)  you will fine a button for community garden
(http://www.hort.net/lists/community_garden/).

Once there, you can go back several years in our rather heated discussions
on treated and untreated wood in gardens.  Most of the sensible heads on this
listserv are anti treated wood in gardens, but there is one fine gardener who
says that the arsenic run off is minimal, according to her scientist...

The exchanges go on and on, but read them.

My suggestion - Why not use rocks or stone instead?   The stuff is far more
attractive and doesn't rot.  Also brick beds last forever too...

Have a nice day,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,
  <A HREF="http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/";>Clinton Community Garden
</A>

<< Subj:    [cg] Wood to be used in a community garden.