Hi Jan,
I have found with our roses that picking off leaves with blackspot as soon
as you notice them and taking the leaves out of the garden so they cant
re-infest; along with making sure the roses are healthy ­ well fed with an
organic fertiliser which has trace elements such as a seaweed solution along
with some manure; watered enough but not too much; and  also (important)
changing watering regimes so that water is not sprayed onto or splashes onto
leaves and watering doesn¹t occur in the evening so that the plant is not
damp... This combination Œfixed¹ our blackspot. Plants which three years ago
lost all of their leaves to blackspot, now only get one or two affected
leaves per year and when I notice these I pick them off and feed the plant.
I hope this works for you, pruning the plants to allow more airflow may also
help.

I am getting more and more interested in edible flowers and roses are great!
Add them to wine sauces, dip them in egg white and sugar and sprinkle over
cakes/icecream, add them to salads, butters, drinks. The white bit where the
petals attach to the plants can be bitter (so cut off).

Goodluck,
Tamsin
Melbourne