Friends,

NYC's Juan Alonzo community garden (  565 W. 51 St.) is on the N.E. corner of
51st Street and 11th Avenue in Manhattan's Hell's Kitchen and has had an
"interesting" time with the developer of the adjacent renovated tenement in
terms
of drainage, etc. so we're getting a work party together to do some interim
yard work to make the place more attractive until final work gets done,
probabaly in the Fall.

There will be a work part on Saturday May 1st 2004 at 8:30 am until it gets
too hot moving topsoil, and other un-pretty heavy tasks.  I'll be there with a
wheelbarrow, and a shovel.  The Juan Alonzo gardeners are great people, but
need a few extra hands this morning .  All folks who show to help will be
mighty
welcome.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman