I have tried storing them with a piece of dried daylily or iris stocks (these
are free and available!), or simply lengths of stiff wire (ok if no small kids
around) in between the buckets. Another grower I know uses bamboo stakes.
But, you can't store as many that way, because they don't stack in a straight
line!. Also, if stored upside down they seem to come apart easier. Sometimes
I try water between them too!
Probably no easy answer to this one!
Wendy in OR (z6ish)
-----Original Message-----
From: Alliums <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Apr 26, 2005 9:35 AM
To: "Cg (cg)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
'Market Farming' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Market-farming] Seperating 5-gallon buckets
Hi, Folks!
I have lots of 5-gallon plastic buckets from different places for folks to
use at the community garden. The youth helpers tend to stack them all
together and put them in the shed when we're finished.
While the buckets all slide into each other just fine to stack, a good
number of them get stuck -- completely stuck -- and we can't get them apart
again.
Does anyone have a good trick for separating plastic buckets? I hate to
heave all these "doubles" into the recycling bin just because the kids can't
pull them apart with brute strength.
Thanks for the help!
Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator
St. John's United Church of Christ Organic Community Garden and Labyrinth
A mission of
St. John's United Church of Christ, 315 Gay Street, Phoenixville, PA 19460
_______________________________________________
Market-farming mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/market-farming
Get the list FAQ at: http://www.marketfarming.net/mflistfaq.htm
______________________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:
https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden