...It wasn't the front page, it was page three of
Friday, July 18th's Winnipeg Free Press.  I'm not a
subscriber, but I can get access to someone else's
subscription, so maybe I can post a copy of the
article here.  I'll ask when I get home.

The article was about our "Spirit Park" project,
renovating a "guerilla garden" that was formed on
three or four vacant lots into a proper, functional,
multipurpose green space.  If the list can handle .pdf
attachments, I could post the most current design
here, or is there a website where such things can be
made available to list members?

We're currently in the final stages of this project,
we've got the contractors, we've got the design that
still needs a bit of tweaking to be completely
acceptable to the City, who owns the land, we've got
gardeners poised to take control of the area, we've
even got the water lines and storm sewer catch basin
installed already.  Recent rains have delayed the
rough grading, and we're still working out some of the
details regarding materials and installation of the
"tot lot" play space I mentioned in a previous post.
We DON'T want to use the pressure-treated timbers the
playground people would have installed, so we're going
with a recycled plastic timber instead.

I can't wait to be able to post "before", "during" and
"AFTER" pictures of this project on our community
development website.  I'll be sure to post the link
here when I do.

Thanks for the kudos, Pat.

Shade and Sweet Water,
Jeneva Storme

=====
Greening West Broadway Coordinator
"Neighbourhood Solutions for Community Change"

West Broadway Development Corporation
640 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB  R3C 0X3
phone: 774-3534  fax: 779-2203
website: http://www.westbroadway.mb.ca