Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:44:18 GMT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [cg] offering tilling as part of community garden services

Hi all,
I manage a large (39 gardens/600 gardeners) community gardening program in
upstate New York. We have always offered free tilling as part of our
services, and at present charge our gardeners a very low sign-up fee ($10).
As we've grown, we have continued to offer tilling at no charge to our
gardeners, though it taxes our small staff considerably and gives gardeners
a reason to inundate us with calls in the spring (why haven't you tilled my
garden yet? when will you till my plot? i haven't had a good season because
you tilled so late....).

I would like to institute a fee-for service policy as regards tilling and
wonder if a)anyone else has faced this issue and b)if so, what a fair-market
price might be for such a service.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have on the great tilling
debate.

Best,
Marci Nelligan
CDCG