Obviously, you never read J.I.Rodale or the books that were advertised in
the early Prevention magazine in the 1950's.  The corporate entities wanted
no teaching of natural farming in the land grant colleges in the late 1800's
and early 1900's.  It took years for anyone to realize that erosion was a
problem and it was not taught how to prevent it until the 1930's.

Getting land for a community garden is very political and we have people
like Mr. Bush who would bring us lots of Mestizos at below minimum wage
working on corporate feed lots and farms.  "Made in Texas by Michael Lind
might be a good book to read.

Oil really messes up the gardens in Nigeria.  The Oil Barons do not use the
same method of drilling for oil in foreign nations that are used in
Louisiana hence we have no farms or community gardens anywhere near the
Nigerian or Venezuelan oil fields.  As for the rebuilding of the desert of
the Arab lands, HA!  They need a course in reclaiming the land so that they
have gardens.

Where better to have a discussion about the roots, pardon the pun, of war.
Community Gardens could change the world for the better!

Helen Steely
Bitter Old Woman
Harrisburg, Pa.