Hello,
I live in Northern Wisconsin and have been working to create a network of
children's community gardens here. It has been wonderfully successful and
children, parents, teachers, and the greater community seem to enjoy these
projects. I have been asked by our local college to speak with high school
students from many Lake Superior communities about the benefits of community
gardens for society, environment, health, etc. The community garden association
website is a great resource and I am using it to prepare my discussion. Can
anyone out there give me some more web based resources that would be good to
look at? printed resources? words of experience? thoughts? Please help me make
this the best introduction possible to community gardens for these students.
These kids potentially will return to their communities with action plans to
initiate projects~
I really appreciate some input!
Thanks,
joy in wisconsin