To many terrible things in this world. After South Asian tragedy I was so sad. almost paralyzed. And it is cold in Toronto to go to a garden for relief.
I want to share a good news I received from Sarajevo. They have project started and supported by American Friends Service Committee-Quaker Organization. The project have a minimal support from the local government and official leaders(none). At the other hand there is a great need for this kind of programs. The main idea is to try to heal the wounds of the war and to produce some food. To rebuild the civic life and community. I think whoever visited Toronto and participated in the ACGA Conference this October know about the project. It was 12 gardens established after the war, around 1200 people participated. One of these gardens operate on the jail land so inmates are gardening together with others. It is real healing garden for them. They donate food to local orphanage. The god news is that they received approval to start 17 new healing gardens. Around 3700 people will be able to have plots. and it is all over the Bosnia. They need seeds and fruit trees. so any help will be appreciated. The priority is food production. Contact Davorin Brdjanovic-Program director for Europe region: [EMAIL PROTECTED] I wish you a lot of gardens. Wherever is a garden there is a hope. Thanks to AFSC Zora Ignatovic Green Gaden Visit Toronto ______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden

