Corry,

As most of us know, keeping a community garden vital, accessible and
appreciated by the community around it after the first 5 years takes work: it's
like
being in a long running floating poker game or  a marriage.

This year, the Clinton Community Garden  <A
HREF="http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org/";>Clinton Community Garden</A>
hits the 25 year mark, and boy has
it been a bumpy ride!  Liz Christy downtown is about 30 years old, and was
finally saved by the NYC Garden Settlement <A
HREF="http://www.lizchristygarden.org/";>Liz Christy Garden</A> ; the Eagle
Heights Community Garden in Madison
Wisconsin is 41 years old ( founded in 1962)  <A
HREF="http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~ehgarden/";>Eagle Heights Community Garden</A> .

I don't know if we should put founding dates on the garden links page or
create a page linked to the gardens with the gardens listed by age (in this
case
age before beauty). It's wild to see that we have community gardens that are 60
- 61 years of age.

I really hope we hear of more.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,

<< Subj:     RE: [cg] Dowling Community Garden Celebrates 60th Anniversary