I wonder why it is that the thought of manure (chicken, cow, horse) seems much
more appealing to me as fertilizer than the thought of human hair?(which is on
my head).
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jerome Rigot
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 11:56 AM
  Subject: [cg] Hair as Organic Fertilizer

  Hair is basically pure protein. When broken down by microorganisms, a great
deal of nitrogen is released.

  Jerome

  At 11:40 AM 07/10/2003, you wrote:

    A while back, the Missouri Botanical Garden ran a bunch of tests on organic
fertilizers in their test plots in the display gardens.  The hair won, plants
were nearly double in size.  Go figure.