I agree that pressure treated lumber is nasty stuff, but I was put in a
position where a teacher with a school garden and a horticultural extension
agent agreed that it was safe to use for vegetable gardening with kids.
Since it was not my decision to make, I had to go along with the project
using the cheapest materials, i.e. pressure treated lumber. I wanted to
know, is there a way to reduce the possible harm to children with these
materials being used for raised beds?
Thank you.

Justin Russell
Inter-Faith Ministries
Campaign To End Childhood Hunger
Americorps*VISTA
Gardening Projects Coordinator/ Anti-Hunger Curriculum Coordinator
829 N. Market
Wichita, KS   67214-3519
(316) 264-9303 (ex.113)
(316) 264-2233 (fax)