PPS repeats its successful placemaking workshop:

How to Turn a Place Around

Whether you’re a planning professional or a neighborhood advocate; you
can learn the techniques of making a great public space in your
community.  Project for Public Spaces, international leaders in the
placemaking process, is offering a two-day course on how to revitalize
places in your community.

Inspired by our popular book, How to Turn a Place Around, the course
will promote a deeper understanding of what makes public spaces function
and PPS's innovative methods of analyzing them.

Set in the heart of New York City, participants work in small teams to
observe and analyze places in Chinatown that illustrate pertinent
issues, give insights and encourage them to see the sites from a user's
point of view.  To learn more visit us at
http://pps.org/nyc_training.htm or e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> .

Project for Public Spaces is a membership organization that helps
communities and professionals make great places. With 27 years of
placemaking experience behind us, we are at the forefront of the
international movement to create more livable towns and cities.

To join us visit our website, www.pps.org, or call 212 620 5660