-----Original Message-----
From: Pam Hoffmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 1:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: save the garden

I am in a fight to save a community garden from developers.  It has existed
for nearly 100 years--honest--run by a school.  Then it was a victory
garden. I am thinking that there must be a strategy that has worked for
others.  Please advise.  It strikes me that public sentiment is important.
Is the local councilman the first contact.  Agricultural extension agents? .
How about local garden clubs?  The newspaper? Parks Commission?  Who are our
best advocates?

This is a political issue--not a logical one.  People understand the value
of green space. Any quick ideas of how we proceed?  A mtg. is scheduled for
tomorrow night.  Thanks for any ideas.

Sincerley,

Pam Hoffmann, gardener
[EMAIL PROTECTED]