I know that some are upset about this talk about the war being included on the gardening page but you must hear it somewhere. A right of center acquaintance from Colorado sent a list of articles that are being broadcast by a short-wave broadcaster, Alex Jones, who is a successor to the late Bill Cooper, of Y2K fame for those who heard of him in the mainstream media. Here is the URL of the "Interview with Greg Palast:" Feb. 25th, 2003 http://www.prisonplanet.com/jones_report_030103_palast.html
My point is that you should invite the guy with the attitude bumper stickers that say something that you may find repulsive, like, "I am a gunowner and I vote", to your garden plot. He is finding that increasingly he says things that sound Naderish and Greenpeacish. GM foods are not liked and heritage seeds are purchased by 'militia' types who don't like the dude that they elected to the whitehouse... I spoke with a volunteer to our county master gardener's program who is a retired, due to medical reasons, military lady! Surprised me is that she is really against this war. It only came up because I mentioned the training of the Afghanistan pair mentioned on this list. It interested her that someone realized that bombs will not change attitudes. Keep talking about the politics of gardening, and we will make the soil covered part of the planet green again. Water is needed in the Middle East and I can not understand who trades money for oil instead of water conversion equipment for oil. The surplus water converters for the military are brought home at great cost and destroyed in junkyards rather than sold to Yemen and the likes. How do I know... well, we tried to buy one for a friend in Arizona at a place in Penna. that contracts with the military to destroy the returned goods from shut down bases around the world. The law wouldn't allow salt water converters to be sold but biologicals that kill could be sold to Iraq???? Desalinated water is essential to the production of food in desert areas. What better way to leave a good impression than to have a piece of equipment dedicated to the free dispersal of pure water plastered with USA flags. Sincerely, Helen Steely Hbg., Pa. ______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden

