Yo Doreen,
I grew them years ago. The variety that I grew was more cold
resistant than most. I got it from Johnny's, but they stoped carrying
it.
Anyway, one needs to start them in warm soil (Have you seen any soil
yet? I haven't.): I think mid May to early July, depending on what
else you're growing. You could plant them after lettuce or spinach.
However, one only gets one or two beans per pod; so you might just
want to cook most of the ones you got. Great for hummus.
They are low-growing, have ferny leaves and pretty white flowers. I
grew mine as an edging to one of my large beds at S/QV. I think I
planted them about 1-2" apart and thinned them to about 4", but I
don't really remember, and you know how I crowd stuff.
Has your snow melted off yet? I've still got places in the back yard
with almost a foot left.
Libby
______________________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:
https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden