People everywhere are way stressed out about all the madness in the world.
Hold open talking circles in your gardens. Everyone gets a few minutes to speak 
of the fears in their hearts and minds, no interruptions and no feed back. Just 
pure open hearted listening for everyone, one person at a time.
 
Then go back around the circle and in the same format everyone shares what 
beauty is in their lives or that they see in the world, that which they are 
grateful for.
 
Add to this singing, or a pot luck, praying for peace with all your hands on 
the soil to send the prayer through the whole planet... CELEBRATE.
 
The systems of madness want us afraid, angry, feeling helpless. The more we 
celebrate together what it good, the more good manifests. It's really that 
simple to change the world. With unwavering focus keep your mind on the beauty, 
with ceaseless determination that the world of peace and joy that you want is, 
right now, in the process of coming to be. Not later, now.
 
Be the change you wish to see in the world, said Gandhi. So that means, be 
peaceful, now! Be grateful, now! Be unconditionally loving, now! Be free of 
violence, now!
 
If not now, when? If not you, whom?
 
CELEBRATE EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME!
 
In humble, joyful solidarity,
Paco

Paco Verin 
Citywide Project Coordinator - Philadelphia Green 
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society 
100 N. 20th St. 
Philadelphia, PA  19103 
215-988-8885 
http://www.pennsylvaniahorticulturalsociety.org 
<http://www.pennsylvaniahorticulturalsociety.org/>  

-----Original Message-----
From: Neufeld [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 7:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [cg] (no subject)


I appreciate the very thoughtful comments made by Paco connecting gardening and 
politics.  
 
The other night I lay awake and tried to sleep but found myself disturbed by 
the massive tragedy that seems about to be unleashed upon the already suffering 
people of Iraq.  I found myself searching for a way to respond, personally to 
Violence in the world, not only in Iraq, but also in so many other places (as 
Melanie pointed out).  I have decided that I will create (or rather be a 
catalyst in the creation of) a "Peace Garden" - not the fancy work of a 
landscaper, but a subversive, organic, communal effort, an attempt to create a 
space teeming with life and beauty in the face of the death and violence that 
is happening in Iraq and around the world.
 
If this vision inspires you, I'd invite you to garden for peace wherever you 
are!  If you have suggestion for me, I'd love to hear them.  I'll send out an 
update and let you know how this early morning mad-cap idea progresses.
 
Paul Neufeld
Vancouver, BC
Canada

Reply via email to