I have a question for anyone involved in prison gardens.
My sister (a landscape architect)  is designing grounds for a low security
prison and would like to include a horticultural therapy section in the way
of either a market garden or individual plots. The ability to grow food
would be an advantage but the question is: what is thought of as the most
useful design - a market style garden or individual plots? Also if plots
what size/person? Unfortunately plans have to be made without consultation
with prison users, but it was felt that the inclusion of gardening elements
would be beneficial.  Is there a website/books or other studies which would
be useful for this?

Thanks for any help.

In peace,
Tamsin