I did send a response the Corrie.   I have used coffee chaff and of
course burlap bags.  Coffee chaff is a great source of nitrogen, it is
not acidic by the way and will test with a ph around 6.5.  It does need
to be mixed with soil or other mulch materials, in that it will develop
into a hard cake if left alone.

Burlap bags are great for number of reasons.  They create a perpetual
dark, that the micro organism that break down organic materials so love.
For example, I build 8 -10 inch mulches for my tomatoes, cover with
burlap and cut in holes for the plants.  This keeps soil born diseases
at bay, allows the mulch to break down and feed my tomatoes and helps
retain water. The only issue is that the bags are often sewn with nylon
threads that don't break down.  Some coffee bags are made with sisal and
take longer to breakdown. I use burlap bags as bedding material in my 4
worm bins.

Adam as an aside I get over thrashings pretty fast, especially when I
know I am working for a socially responsible company that walks the
talk.  I am just quite busy right now.   By the way my local store has
recycled all the coffee grounds they have brewed this past year,  the
local gardeners have caught on.

Ray Schutte

"The truth of the matter is that the flower has cleverly manipulated the
bee into hauling its pollen from blossom to blossom." The Botany of
Desire, Michael Pollan