Make sure your centerpieces are spectacular.  Recruit area designers to
donate one per table.  Have a judging right there.  Auction off or sell
outright. It works. Gwenne

-----Original Message-----
From: Shelly Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [cg] fundraising, etc.

Hello,
I'm interested in finding a creative fundraising idea to go along with a
benefit dinner for Toledo's community gardening program.  A typical
fundraiser is a silent auction, which is not out of the question, but I was
wondering if anyone had any other interesting ideas.  This benefit dinner
will take place in September 2003.  The crowd attending it will be...rather
well off.  Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Also, where will the next ACGA conference be.  Thanks!

We are stardust  .  .  . we are golden  .  .  . and we've got to get
ourselves back to the garden.

Shelly Collins
Toledo GROWs Manager
Toledo Botanical Garden
5403 Elmer Drive
Toledo, Ohio  43615
419-936-2990
"Enriching you life through gardens, the arts and nature"
www.toledogarden.org <http://www.toledogarden.org>