From: a.h.steely [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 1:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [cg] inhabitant of the Rookery is a god send for the rest of
us, thanks for this list of information.

Aah, thanks for your humor, Adam.  Sometimes I want to cry and end it all
but yes, the individual who grows a bit of food in the midst of the concrete
can change the world.  Back in March the union in Penna. which backed a
Republican sent out an e-mail warning about the privatization of our local
water systems.  This month Mother Jones put out the December issue with a
glass of water on the cover, titled "A Price On Every Drop".  Please,
everyone on this list, read it and if possible subscribe to that liberal
rag...  sometimes it is the first to break a story that the conservatives
take up, like Charley Tree and his donations to the Clintons.

Alternate energy tax breaks are causing the loss of water in Wyoming.  My
local water is delivered by United Water Company which is uncovered as a
real scuzbag outfit.  Why just last week the company had to order a small
area to which they deliver water to boil water.  I have to write a letter to
the editor referencing MOJO mag.  Food and Water are part of the homeland
security and I don't think that anyone is paying attention in any of the
political capitals of this nation.  Reading what is happening to natural
food types nationwide is also a mentally healthy activity.

Sincerely,
Helen Steely
Harrisburg, Pa.